Wednesday 25 March 2015

Big Talk

This week I have introduced a new display to support the children to talk about their learning. They are using phrases such as "I found it hard but I kept on trying, just like Mike the Knight"

The display shows the 9 'Characteristics of Effective Learning' 
When staff observe children for evidence to put into their profile, they are also looking to see which of the characteristics they are demonstrating in their learning.

The Big Talk homework is to talk to your child about their learning this week and try and see which characteristic it fits with. It might fit more than one.


I would be very grateful if you could leave a comment with an example of what you talked about and the characteristic.

1 comment:

  1. Samuel told me about a fairy wand he made in the model making area. He tells me it was orange with a smiley face on. He was very proud of what he had made, just like Topsy and Tim.

    We also spoke about the painting he brought home. It was of a wizard. Samuel told me that the wizard has a blue hat, a yellow body and that the wizard has snapped all the fairies wands! He then showed me how the magic came out of the wizards hands, playing and pretending just like Mr Tumble.

    ReplyDelete